International HIV Fund

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Impartiality - To be or not to be! (By Dr Hany El-Banna)


Partial or Impartial.
To be or not to be.
Partial could mean that I am a part of some group, some club, some family, or something else altogether. So, I carry the opinions of such groups and I advocate for it as my interest because it is the interest of my group. My product would become the success of my group and this is not wrong, it is a part of the life, of man, and we should not be feeling ashamed of it because this is how we love having been created by God in this way. So we protect our smaller societies, families, and neighbourhoods. But what do we mean by being impartial? The ‘I’M’ will neither take me to this partial nor to that partial. Impartiality means the pendulum which can keep both sides of the scale of justice just.
Impartiality is how to control your emotion when you treat a savage wounded enemy or feed the people who need help yet are fighting against you, or treat the enemies of war with love and respect, or give back the right of your enemies to them.
Impartiality means containing your personal and emotional anger towards the murderers because you are looking for the common good of the larger community.
Impartiality makes you feel that you are part of both partials.
Impartiality also means truth is the winning factor which caves out on top of transparency and openness. It is difficult to act impartially because we are made from many parts which could partial us to the right or to the left but it is a duty incumbent on our humanitarian values to act impartially and justly with all communities, particularly in conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment